I make botanical, moon, skull floral crown plaster casts taken from impressions in clay, I have a deep fascination in folklore which goes back to my roots of growing up in Devon and the magical history it beholds. I love to find out the spiritual meaning of plants & their history which is also influential in my work. There is something for everyone from the pure botanist to the wild child in you. I have just bought a Kiln so expect to find Ceramics along these lines too.
I started out in 2006 back at Camden lock market selling upcycled jewellery from found objects, I was there for 8 years and stocked my designs worldwide including Selfridges & Debenhams. I still make jewellery today although this is scaled down and tends to be one off designs but plan to add ceramic jewellery into my collections.
I am a trained Art teacher and have been teaching Art & Design for over 20 years, during lockdown & teaching Art online to 16-21 year olds I started to also create abstract oil paintings with a love of colour, texture as a form of therapy. I would let the pallet knife take control of my mood to create expressive Art. I have just started to experiment with making my own canvas from scraps using worn vintage embroidered tablecloths, as I love to find a purpose for the discarded.
It’s fair to say you will see a variety of work at my studio as I embrace all aspects due to my background in mixed media fine arts & costume design whilst growing up in the Devon countryside with a family history of thrifting & having to be resourceful when teaching Art & Design.
Items will be available from £5 up to approx. £400 and card payments will be accepted or bank transfer.
As my studio is at the side of the house and is a double garage that's been converted there is direct access outside straight into my studio via a slope and free parking on the road.
Short walk into Dorking with plenty of cafe's and restaurants to choose from along the antiques street, as well as Dorking's Cobbetts craft beer micro pub.
* Dorking Main train station is a 20 minute walk away. * Dorking West station is a 15 minute walk away * There is a Sustrans cycle path that runs along the back of the house that goes all the way to Guildford if planning to look at several * 32 Bus stops at the bottom of Sondes Place Drive Redhill - Guildford
15 Sondes Place Drive,
(Double Garage at the side of the house)
- Saturday 1 June 2024 Open
- Sunday 2 June 2024 Closed
- Monday 3 June 2024 Closed
- Tuesday 4 June 2024 Closed
- Wednesday 5 June 2024 Closed
- Thursday 6 June 2024 Open
- Friday 7 June 2024 Open
- Saturday 8 June 2024 Open
- Sunday 9 June 2024 Closed
- Monday 10 June 2024 Closed
- Tuesday 11 June 2024 Closed
- Wednesday 12 June 2024 Closed
- Thursday 13 June 2024 Open
- Friday 14 June 2024 Open
- Saturday 15 June 2024 Open
- Sunday 16 June 2024 Closed
- Monday 17 June 2024 Closed
- Tuesday 18 June 2024 Closed
- Wednesday 19 June 2024 Closed
- Thursday 20 June 2024 Open
- Friday 21 June 2024 Open
- Saturday 22 June 2024 Open
- Sunday 23 June 2024 Closed